This Privacy Notice explains in detail the types of personal data we may collect about you when you interact with us. It also explains how we’ll store and handle that data, and keep it safe.
We know that there’s a lot of information here, but we want you to be fully informed about your rights, and how Paws & Claws Shaftesbury Ltd uses your data. We hope the following sections will answer any questions you have but if not, please do get in touch with us.
It is likely that we will need to update this Privacy Notice from time to time. We will notify you of any significant changes, but you are welcome to come back and check it whenever you wish.
The law on data protection sets out a number of different reasons for which a company may collect and process your personal data, including:
In specific situations, we can collect and process your data with your consent, for example, when you tick a box to receive email newsletters. When collecting your personal data, we’ll always make clear to you which data is necessary in connection with a particular service.
In certain circumstances, we need your personal data to comply with our contractual obligations. For example, when you order an item from us for home delivery, we will collect your address details to deliver your purchase, and pass them to our courier.
If the law requires us to, we may need to collect and process your data. For example, we can pass on details of people involved in fraud or other criminal activity affecting Unique Bijoux Co Ltd to law enforcement.
WHEN DO WE COLLECT YOUR PERSONAL DATA?
• When you visit our website, and use your account to buy products and services on the phone, in a shop or online
• When you make an online purchase and check out as a guest
• When you create an account with us
• When you purchase a product or service in store or by phone but don’t have (or don’t use) an account
• When you engage with us on social media
• When you contact us by any means with queries, complaints etc.
• When you comment on or review our products and services
• When you fill in any forms. For example, if an accident happens in store, an employee may collect your personal data
WHAT SORT OF PERSONAL DATA DO WE COLLECT?
• If you have a web account with us: your name, gender, billing/delivery address, orders and receipts, email and telephone number.
• Details of your visits to our website
• Payment card information if you call us directly but these are destroyed after use.
• Your comments and product reviews.
• To deliver the best possible web experience, we collect technical information about your internet connection and browser as well
• Your social media username, if you interact with us through those channels, to help us respond to your comments, questions or feedback.
HOW AND WHY DO WE USE YOUR PERSONAL DATA?
We never share your information with any third party companies. We will only use your data to process your order and if you have allowed us to we will email you with offers and newsletters.
Here’s how we’ll use your personal data and why:
• To process any orders that you make by using our website or in store. If we don’t collect your personal data during checkout, we won’t be able to process your order and comply with our legal obligations. For example, your details may need to be passed to a third party to supply or deliver the product that you have ordered and we may keep your details for a reasonable period afterwards in order to fulfil any contractual obligations such as refunds and so on
• To respond to your queries, refund requests and complaints. Handling the information you sent enables us to respond. We may also keep a record of these to inform any future communication with us and to demonstrate how we communicated with you throughout. We do this on the basis of our contractual obligations to you, our legal obligations and our legitimate interests in providing you with the best service and understanding how we can improve our service based on your experience.
• We will use your personal data, to keep you informed by email about relevant products and services including special offers, discounts, promotions, events, competitions and so on
Of course, you are free to opt out of hearing from us by any of these channels at any time.
• To send you communications required by law or which are necessary to inform you about our changes to the services we provide you. For example, updates to this Privacy Notice. If we do not use your personal data for these purposes, we would be unable to comply with our legal obligations.
• To comply with our contractual or legal obligations to share data with law enforcement.
HOW WE PROTECT YOUR PERSONAL DATA?
We know how much data security matters to all our customers. With this in mind we will treat your data with the utmost care and take all appropriate steps to protect it.
We secure access to all transactional areas of our website using an SSL certificate.
Access to your personal data is password-protected, and sensitive data (such as payment card information) is secured by SSL or TSL encryption. At present we are not selling online.
HOW LONG WILL WE KEEP YOUR PERSONAL DATA?
Whenever we collect or process your personal data, we’ll only keep it for as long as is necessary for the purpose for which it was collected.
WHO DO WE SHARE YOUR PERSONAL DATA WITH?
We never share your personal data with any third party companies other than to fulfil your order.
WHAT ARE YOUR RIGHTS OVER YOUR PERSONAL DATA?
You have the right to request:
• Access to the personal data we hold about you.
• The correction of your personal data when incorrect, out of date or incomplete
• For example, when you withdraw consent, or object and we have no legitimate overriding interest, or once the purpose for which we hold the data has come to an end
• That we stop using your personal data for direct marketing (either through specific channels, or all channels)
Your Right To Withdraw Consent
Whenever you have given us your consent to use your personal data, you have the right to change your mind at any time and withdraw that consent.
You have the right to stop the use of your personal data for direct marketing activity through all channels, or selected channels. We must always comply with your request.
Checking Your Identity
To protect the confidentiality of your information, we will ask you to verify your identity before proceeding with any request you make under this Privacy Notice. If you have authorised a third party to submit a request on your behalf, we will ask them to prove they have your permission to act.
HOW CAN YOU STOP THE USE OF YOUR PERSONAL DATA FOR DIRECT MARKETING?
There are several ways you can stop direct marketing communications from us:
• Click the ‘unsubscribe’ link in any email communication that we send you
• If you have an account, log in into your Bijoux Beads account, visit the ‘My Account’ area and change your preferences
• Send an email to
CONTACTING THE REGULATOR
If you feel that your data has not been handled correctly, or you are unhappy with our response to any requests you have made to us regarding the use of your personal data, you have the right to lodge a complaint with the Information Commissioner’s Office.
• You can contact them by calling 0303 123 1113.
• Or go online to www.ico.org.uk/concerns (opens in a new window; please note we can't be responsible for the content of external websites)
If you are based outside the UK, you have the right to lodge your complaint with the relevant data protection regulator in your country of residence.
For All Non-Uk Customers
By using our services or providing your personal data to us, you expressly consent to the processing of your personal data by us or on our behalf. Of course, you still have the right to ask us not to process your data in certain ways, and if you do so, we will respect your wishes.
Sometimes we’ll need to transfer your personal data between countries to enable us to supply the goods or services you’ve requested. In the ordinary course of business, we may transfer your personal data from your country of residence to ourselves and to third parties located in the UK.
We’ll ensure that reasonable steps are taken to prevent third parties outside your country of residence using your personal data in any way that’s not set out in this Privacy Notice. We’ll also make sure we adequately protect the confidentiality and privacy of your personal data.
We hope this Privacy Notice has been helpful in setting out the way we handle your personal data and your rights to control it.
If you have any questions that haven’t been covered, please contact us and we will be pleased to help you:
• Send an email to
• Or write to us at Paws & Claws Shaftesbury Ltd, 2 Bell Street, Shaftesbury, SP7 8AR
• This notice was last updated on 16/05/2018